Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Siser Heat Transfer Vinyl review



I stood in the isle at Michael’s and picked up my usual Cricut brand of heat transfer vinyl and my eye caught the Siser brand.  I thought well we should at least give them a try. 

The first difference I did notice is it took more time and effort to heat transfer the image made from Siser vinyl to the shirt than my usual Cricut brand but eventually the project was complete and I felt comfortable with the initial results. The shirt which was then given as a gift to a coworker who was attending the concert for Elton John.  The gift was an instant hit until I received a call the next night that “His face is falling off, what do I do?”.  To say the least I was mortified that I had given a defective gift to anyone but we got through it with some phone instructions and a hotel iron.

Now 2 weeks into the future my co-worker brings the shirt to work and wants to know how to fix it again.   She wore the shirt once, washed it once and his face is falling off again.  I have never had this experience with Cricut heat transfer vinyl. 

Moral of the story...
Don't experiment of items you plan to give or sell as this is totally embarrassing not only as the person giving the gift but as the crafter/creator of a product. 

Final result...
Great disappointment and dissatisfaction in the Siser product.  



**Update** 10/11/19  Siser mailed me a more heat transfer vinyl.  I will attempt another project (personal project) to see how it holds up.  I did order more Cricut HTV to redo the project above.


No comments:

Post a Comment

  Lawn Fawn Challenge #164